[DANDOM-NYC] Steely Dan, "life-changing" was SPOILER: 9/17- Rarities & B-Sides, A Dream Come True!

Randy Reichardt randy at podbaydoor.com
Thu Sep 22 01:15:02 EDT 2011

I don't know what to add to the larger, majorly articulate missives being
delivered here and on the DD.  I can tell you that the song I can't get out
of my head is Time Out Of Mind.  I don't know why, but it's hard wired into
my brain.  Rather than repeating what others have written about specific
tunes, I want to say that the slight chord changes to Rikki Don't Lose That
Number gave me chills.  I'm so glad I was able to hear it on two of the
three nights I was there - feckin' brilliant arrangement to that song that
had me floating out of my seat.

The Rarities show was a blessing, something to be savored to the end of our
times on this great planet.

As always, it was great to see everyone and to be made to feel so welcome as
always.  What a great group you all are!  Thanks for making my five days in
NYC so special.

And Margaret - "token Canadian"?  Who, me?  No way, eh?  ;-)

- Randy