[DANDOM-NYC] SPOILER: 9/17- Rarities & B-Sides, A Dream Come True!

Gail Jamrok littlewildone00 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 00:49:18 EDT 2011

she did us proud

CC: nyc at dandom.com
From: e.beatty at roadrunner.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:39:21 -0700
To: nyc at dandom.com
Subject: Re: [DANDOM-NYC] SPOILER: 9/17- Rarities & B-Sides, A Dream Come True!

hfs

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:27 PM, DanFiend <the.danfiend at gmail.com> wrote:

Margaret

You are quite the writer.  I could not have chronicled Saturday night better if I tried.  You captured each moment perfectly.  *sigh*

 So it's Wednesday night and I'm overcome with sadness at the reality that this experience is two days away from being over.  These 7 days and 5 shows have whisked by so fast it's hard to keep any of it straight.  However, I find temporary solace in the fact that it is not over.  We get one more show together--one that is sure to invoke more whoops, hollers and tears from us both.  This is what makes life worth living and I could not imagine a better person to experience it with.

Let us not allow another 5 years to pass before we go 'back jack do it again' when the 2011 towel beating is over for good.  See you Friday, my Steely Sis and hopefully in 2012 for a new tour.

Until then
Tee aka Danfiend

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011, by way of Dandom Digest Submittals <GirlMargaret at aol.com> wrote:

> To write a review of the events of Saturday night any sooner than tonight would have been impossible.  I feel as though I have been basking in the afterglow of the most amazing of dreams for the last several days.  Was I really there? Did what happen REALLY happen?  It was incredible: I was at Beacon Theater, with my Danfriends and family, and hearing songs played live - right in front of me! - that I'd never imagine I'd hear live ever!  And all those wonderful people that were there, it must have been a dream!  I haven't seen some of these folks in years, and all of a sudden I'm embracing them once more.  There's my Steely Parents Ed and LWO, my Steely sistahs SueDave and Lady Bayside, my long lost partner in crime Danfiend, and so many wonderful friends who round out my divine Danfamily: Alan, Joe, Hoops, Lisa G, Big Fan, Pete and Shari, and my token Canadian, Randy J Where else but in my wildest dreams could I be sharing the same space with these people and hearing The fucking Bear?!
>

> Forget The Bear (or has the bear forgotten you?). Let's start with some of the other songs I'd never thought I'd hear, period.  Your Gold Teeth? God, does that song bring back some very fond memories.  To be honest, the dream was a little too real when I started hearing some of those old chestnuts being played to me for the 900th time (Hey 19, anyone?), although, to be fair, I have said and meant that as long as SD is playing, I will go see them, even if they're playing the same twenty songs over and over again.  But fer cryin' out loud, this was the Rarities and B-Sides night!  Put those AM Gold hits away and start hitting me with those bolts of lightning.
>

> Before I go any further, I should point out that I was four rows back from Jon Herington, sitting next to my dear friend, Danfiend.  We haven't seen each other in five years, and it was like we never parted company.  I've been having just as much fun with her at these shows as I was on the 2006 tour.  The young'ns ride again!
>

> So the two of us are reacting the same to every song - "Hey 19 is a rarity my ass!" - and begging Donald to please "shock us" with something we would never expect.  It started with The Bear (holy shit, they're doing The Bear!!!), which I, in my efforts to remain surprised and avoided all spoiler alerts, was completely surprised by (even though I did hear Herington mention it in conversation two nights earlier).  As Donald was telling a story to introduce the song, I literally stopped breathing, and had myself so worked up that I caused to have an acid reflux attack and came thisclose to puking in the aisle. It was worth it.

> [...]

Please note:
All messages sent to this list must be sent from the email address at which you received this message.  Messages sent from other addresses will be discarded due to spam issues.

_______________________________________ NYC Dandom mailing list NYC at dandom.com Please note:� All messages sent to this list must be sent from the email address at which you received this message. Messages sent from other addresses will be discarded due to spam issues. http://dandom.com/mailman/listinfo/nyc