[DANDOM-NYC] Danfan Meet-ups - DanFests - WingDings

Per-Gunnar Eriksson pergunnare at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:18:43 EDT 2011

As much as I look forward to seeing the band at The Beacon Theatre for
the first time. And second ... and third ... and fourth, I also look
forward to seeing some of the fans I've "met" online since I - new on
this here thing called Internet - first stumbled upon the Dandom
Digest and dandom.com in the earliy 1990's. Yep, it really is that
long ago.

Looking forward to putting some faces to those names/signatures and
say "hi" to any newcomers.

I am sure quite a few subscribed to this list can tell some stories of
previous pre- and post-show meet-ups. I've been to a handful of
concerts and having a chance to meet another Steely Dan fan has added
to the whole experience. Trust me.

But first things first. If we agree on a place and time whatever else
we put into the Danfest will be a bonus. The place should be large
enough for a small/not-so-small number of fans to sit down, have
something to eat/drink and talk Steely Dan and whatever. Maybe even a
place friendly enough to let us play some suitable music over the
speakers. That what was happened at a DanFest in Stockholm Sweden
years ago. They liked what they heard and we ended up leaving the
Steely Dan CD:s behind for other non-fans at the restaurant to enjoy.

But i digress...

The place should be easy to find and not too far from in this case
Beacon Theatre. Now, I don't know my way around New York, but on the
Facebook Danfests page Amsterdam Ale House has been mentioned. If I
understand it correctly it has been the site for previous NY meetups?

Here's a link to the place: http://www.amsterdamalehouse.com/

Any other suggestions?

I'll be in town from the 17 and ready for four shows and even more DanFests!

/Per-Gunnar
cosigned:
Per GOLEM Nyquistlimid ;)