[DANDOM-NYC] STEELY DAN/InTheStudio PRESS RELEASE

mark fischer markfischermusic at me.com
Tue Oct 2 11:58:33 EDT 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE
Oct 2, 2012

Contact: Mark Fischer

Tel. 860-354-0455
Mobile 917-447-5474
Email: markfischermusic AT me.com

After Four Decades, STEELY DAN's Donald Fagen And Walter Becker
Still Can't Buy A Thrill 'InTheStudio'

Dallas, TX - Oct 2, 2012. North American syndicated Rock radio show
InTheStudio:
The Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands gets a rare
interview with the founding fathers of Steely Dan, Donald Fagen and
Walter Becker, probably the two most unsuspecting musicians to be
thrust into the rock'n'roll circus. With songs like "Dirty Work",
"Reelin' In The Years" and the Top 10 single "Do It Again" in October
1972, their jazz-tinged debut album Can't Buy A Thrill made them
disarmingly cool and soon
to be a very successful musical enigma. But it was the spectacle of
the '70s live music scene that spooked this duo and, ultimately, made
Steely Dan the most reclusive hit act of the decade. The tours might
have ended, but the music continued to flow and the fans followed.

Walter Becker, speaking to InTheStudio host Redbeard, looks back fondly
on the music of Steely Dan and how it has sustained:

"I spent the better part of a decade of my life working on those
records and songs and I'm glad that it's held up stylistically and is
still appealing... I'm glad it's held up better than some of the
clothes I was wearing at that time."

STEELY DAN 'Can't Buy A Thrill' -InTheStudio program is available now
to STREAM at:
"http://www.inthestudio.net/redbeards-blog/steely-dan-cant-buy-thrill/"

To hear this entire program on a RADIO STATION near you, visit:
HYPERLINK " http://www.inthestudio.net/radio-stations/
"www.inthestudio.net/radio-stations

Direct Link to Steely Dan:
HYPERLINK "www.steelydan.com"