[DANDOM-NYC] Royal Scam Night Setlist

jwilliamlll at socal.rr.com jwilliamlll at socal.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 01:44:22 EDT 2011

Royal Scam Night at the Beacon, 20 Sept 2011

 Intro: Dizzy's Bidness ~9:00 PM

 The Royal Scam (Album)

 Aja
 Two Against Nature (Chris Potter guest/sax duos with Walt W.)
 Hey 19
 Time Out Of Mind
 Show Biz Kids
 Bodhisattva
 Godwhacker
 Papa Don't Mess/Band Intros
 Dirty Work (ladies on vocals)
 Peg
 My Old School
 Reelin' In The Years

 Encore: Pretzel Logic (Carolyn helped with the vocals)
 Outro: The Untouchables Theme ~11:30 PM

 Sorry that I will have to keep this brief for now, but this was overall the most satisfying of the three Royal Scam shows I have seen. One peculiarity was The Fez, which sounded fine instrumentally, but the ladies sang the lyrics in another language which I would say was Spanish. My wife, who is quite fluent in Spanish, could not really tell if it was in Spanish or Italian. Disconcerting, but not nearly enough to spoil an otherwise outstanding performance tonight.

 More later...